The SSIA Leadership in Engineering Programme aims to develop soft skills and sharpen leadership qualities for engineers in the Semiconductor and Electronics industry. This program targets engineers who have been in the industry for 3 years or more.
Features of the program should include, but not limited to:
1. Self reflection and awareness
2. Importance of interpersonal and communications skills at work
3. Interactive workshops with semiconductor and electronics industry case studies and discussions
4. Sharing by industry veterans and leaders
5. Networking of fellow participants from different sectors within the industry
FORMAT OF DELIVERY
Virtual modules while developing networks and learning from peers from various sectors within the industry.
S$4000 per participant, subject to GST
Pre-work: Online survey and 360 DISC Assessment for all participants
|Week 1 — Leading from Within||Week 2 — Influencing without a Title|
Leading without a Title
Modelling the Energy and Adaptability of a Leader
Trust, Empathy and Stakeholder Influence
Influencing and Getting to Win-Win
Developing a Growth & Winning Mindset
Selling your ideas and Developing Others
|+ Current/Industry Guest Speaker||+ Current/Industry Guest Speaker|
Beyond Engineers to Leaders
- Pre-program online survey and assessment tool to strengthen self-awareness and utilise this as a tool to strengthen social awareness and develop communications versatility
- Immersive, highly interactive workshops featuring short content presentations, use of relevant videos and anecdotes, breakout room discussions and networking opportunities, reflection exercises, case studies and featuring industry guest speaker presentations
- Some sessions will include short post-workshop assignments to facilitate application and embed an element of coaching
Director, Sales & Marketing, Advantest
Larry is the Sales and Marketing Director of Advantest Singapore. His major responsibility includes strategizing and leveraging resources to support business development, new product introduction and new business enabling.
He has more than 25 years of experience in the semiconductor test business and has held various portfolios; including Customer Service, Business Administration and System Application Engineering.
He is a SP alumni, graduated in 1992 with a Diploma in Electronics and Communication. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering Management from University of Western Sydney and an MBA from University of South Australia.
Design Engineering Director, Silicon Labs
Shantonu Bhadury started his IC design career at STMicroelectronics as a design engineer in 2002, where he worked on image processor and touch controller ASICs. He spear-headed several improvements in the design flow.
In 2008, Shantonu joined Silicon Labs and enabled the physical implementation function in Singapore. He quickly took up the mantle of project lead roles and involved in many aspects of the digital design and chip development. He moved on to managerial track in 2011 having completing several projects. With the increasing importance and capabilities of the Singapore team, Shantonu was promoted to Design Engineering Director in 2015, managing a much-expanded digital design team. He is also the site lead for the R&D team.
Shantonu’s technical interests include microcontrollers, low power design and architecture with a generous helping of IoT technologies and applications. He is passionate in career advisory, youth development and mentorship focused on STEM and electronics sector. Shantonu received his Bachelor of Engineering from Nanyang Technological University in 2001 and Master of Science from National University of Singapore in 2004.
Trainers — EQ Strategist
CEO/Co-Founder, Speaker, Trainer, and Author
International Coach and Master Trainer
Leadership Coach, Exercise Scientist, Speaker, Personal Trainer, Author & Entrepreneur